The first task will be to first get the correct sort of interfacing that will work for you type of interfacing fabric wholesale. Mostly these instructions will be on the rear of the pattern envelope that you simply bought. In case you are creating your own personal patterns in your house, it could be wise to first test what interfacing works on the type of fabric you are using. You just want a small bit of fabric and measure a block, fuse the piece and measure it again to see exactly what the different shrinkage was.
Now in my opinion that is certainly doing sewing at home and as being a hobby I don’t have a fusing press or fusing machine like other clothing manufactures have. I still have to use to old reliable method that worked in my opinion.
The tools that you will need would be the following:
3. Correct interfacing
I understand other individuals make use of more equipment but I have been using this technique for several years and never had any problems.
Steps to follow along with:
1. Remove your patterns bits of the material and interfacing. A lot of people will suggest that you cutout you interfacing smaller compared to you interlining fabric then when you steam iron it, it won’t stick to your cloth or ironing board. That depends on you, you will know best how accurate you work.
2. Be sure before ironing the parts together how the glue dotted side are facing the wrong side of the fabric. This is quite important part if you iron the various components together and it’s the wrong sides it very difficult to eliminate the interfacing again, probably also rely on the kind of interfacing and glue.
3. Place a cloth over the parts and be sure you iron is hot. I discovered that steam doesn’t always work well therefore i use only a small amount of steam setting about the iron. I make use of a cloth as being a fabbric iron can leave shiny marks on non woven interfacing fabric so you don’t want that.
4. When pressing the iron in addition to the cloth ensure that is stays for a couple of seconds on the very same spot before moving onto another section. I also do small sections at any given time regardless how small the various components are.
5. After ironing the various components let it rest to cool down to get a bit before utilizing it to keep sewing your garment. I discover it better to fuse every one of the interfacing parts before actually start sewing the garment.